Monday, May 14, 2018

Kutztown Radio Meet May 11 & 12 2018

All pictures were taken with a Fuji X-E1 camera + Voigtlander Ultron 28mm f1.9 lens

 Radio shows around the country have continually diminished in scale. This Kutztown event, however, has become the biggest radio show in the east coast and is still growing!

There are still cheap tubes to be had if you're willing to get down on your knees and your hands dirty. But everything else is close to retail or eBay going rate.

Minty Altec 604D with the original paper suspension cone, IPC horns and Jensen field coils

Marantz 7, 10B & 8B

Rek O Kut LP743 
Next time I went around, it was gone...


2 pairs of Heath W4 mono amps
I still remember cleaning and fixing these for Angela Instruments and I built my first pair of PP2A3 amps on these chassis

Scott 310B + 335 mpx
I listened to this combo in the 90s. I should've kept them. 😞

Fisher + Grommes

Early Audio Research D50 power amp

Altec tube type mono mixing console

Western Electric WE124 mono PP WE350B power amp 
Holy Grail!

I go to this event mainly to hang out with old buddies like Chong and Larry R. Also made new friends with Francis S. who's been a frequent visitor to this blog and a dyed in the wool Western Electric/Altec enthusiast who has been carefully studying Altec 3000 tweeter repair.


Since the price was right, I adopted a single JBL D123. 


Will it be as good or better than an Altec? Stay tuned...



Classic Corvette in the field


No comments:

Post a Comment