Monday, October 1, 2018

Kutztown Radio Show September 21-22, 2018

All pictures were taken with a Fuji X-E1 camera + Canon 28mm f3.5 LTM lens.


I wasn't able to attend as many hamfests/radio shows this past summer. So I made sure I went to Kutztown.  


This speaker caught my attention as something I've encountered in a vintage magazine in the past. Since there was no one manning the booth, I went on...


A pair of University Lowboys + an EV Aristocrat


Nice Gates CB77, but I couldn't afford it 😞


Belt-driven Rek-O-Kut


Scott 299, LT110B FM tuner, Fisher KX100, etc.


Fisher PP EL84 mono block


My bud Larry always has a live demo set-up.


Sonographe SD-1: mid-80s Philips 14-bit oversampling chassis with twin TDA1540 DACs, audio section tweaked by conrad-johnson, nice piece but check out that asking price 😲


Tubes galore!



I scored a TDA1543 equipped Magnavox CD player from this booth. 



Lots of 70s-80s Hi-Fi equipment 



Used CD prices are at an all-time low πŸ˜ƒ


The speaker I spotted earlier kept haunting me. I just had to give it a new home. My gut feel was right - it's a Stewart Hegeman-designed omni-directional speaker. 😎









2 comments:

  1. Dear Joseph. So nice to see you are blogging againπŸ‘ As earlier your writings are very informative and interesting. Years ago, you send me copies of yourself playing violin. I have played the ofte, when I needed some quiet and comforting time. All the best from Jan Ove Tangen, Norway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan,

      Great to hear from you!

      Thanks for the kind words and keep in touch.

      JE

      Delete