Thursday, August 5, 2021

Billingham Hadley Pro Small + Leica II Half Case

None of these camera accessories will enhance anyone's picture taking abilities, but talking about camera gear is a pleasant respite from audio.😉

My Olive Billingham Hadley Original has been a loyal companion since the mid-90s. Due to its larger size, it encourages me to bring more gear than necessary. Recently, I got this navy canvas/chocolate leather Hadley Pro Small for moments when I want to travel light. 

A Leica M3 + 35mm and 50mm lens, Fuji X-E3 + lens, a 5 roll film case + other accessories and gadgets easily fit in the small Hadley Pro.

Billingham has tastefully updated a classic!


Leica II half-case

Ever since I restored my Leica II, it's been cradled in a Fed/Zorki half case. Not the most elegant, but it served me well for over 15 years.

Half cases for early Barnack bodies (Leica 0, I + II) sans strap lugs aren't common. I was happy to find a nice one at the Martinduke Shop on Etsy.  


It took about a month for the package to arrive but it was well worth the wait!

All set for a photo expedition!


4 comments:

  1. Nice cameras. My photography skills aren't up to par that they deserve a Leica or 2. I have a couple Canons including my uncle's old A-1. But one of these days I will reward myself with a Leica M2 or M3 as well as an Olympus Pen F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      These things come when you least expect them.

      Good luck and good light!

      Delete
  2. Hi JE,
    Photography, the magic of the photons! I am from the school of 8 X 10 sheet film, and hope to get back into the flow soon. Really enjoy all of your content :)
    One off topic ?, I swear that somewhere I read on your site about experiments with an 8mH choke to sum audio channels on a CD to simulate LP? Did I take too many B vitamins and dream this, or did I actually read this somewhere on your site? If you did mention this, what were your conclusions/results?
    Many thanks if you have time to comment :)
    Best regards, Den Foulk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Den,

    Thanks for the kind words!

    I've talked about stereo>mono line level transformer mixer - https://jelabs.blogspot.com/2016/04/stereo-mono-line-level-mixer.html

    I've also been using 1:1 transformers at the output of CDPs and DACs since the early 90s which I've mentioned in my various uploads on digital audio, most recent - https://jelabs.blogspot.com/2020/04/tda1541-nos-dac.html

    I hope that helps!



    ReplyDelete