Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Hashimoto H-203S from Kasuga Wireless

In September 2018, I lamented the demise of Noguchi Transformers. Fast forward to November, my brother-in-law visited Tokyo, and was kind enough to pick up a couple of transformers at Kasuga Wireless.


How to get to Kasuga Wireless

Kasuga Wireless

Address: 1F, New Akihabara Center, 1-16-10, Kotobuki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0021

Hashimoto H-203S



The H203S was installed as a 3.5k primary Z output transformer in the je2a3 mono integrated amp


Testing

Top trace = audio generator
Bottom trace = amplifier output

100Hz

1kHz

10kHz

5.324Vrms to an 8 ohm load = 3.5W 

In the past, I've used Hashimoto transformers for a pair of SE2A3 and a pair of SE10 mono-blocks I built for friends. I know these transformers are well designed, are of high quality construction and sound excellent. Thus, before Hashimoto ceases production, I had to add it to my collection. 


My mono SE2A3 integrated is ready for prime time!


Now I have to find a nice circuit for a pair of Kasuga KA6625ST OPTs. 😉









7 comments:

  1. Dear sir,
    I really envy you, you have very good music equipment.
    Can you tell me how to contact Hashimoto Transformer to buy their products?
    Thank you.
    Best regards,
    Joe Chan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Hashimoto deals directly with consumers. Try this dealer if you are based in the US -http://www.tube-amps.net/index.htm Good luck!

      JE

      Delete
    2. Dear JE,
      Thank you for your suggestion.
      I am from HK, I have contacted with Mr Asakura of tube-amps.net.
      Thank you.
      Have a nice day.
      Joe Chan

      Delete
  2. You mention before they cease production. Is this likely to happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My buddy John P. is making the rounds in Japan right now. He'll give us an update on the status of transformer manufacturing there.

      JE

      Delete
    2. Hello.
      Just a comment for other readers.
      Hashimoto is still working. I ordered a couple of transformers from the ebay store. They also provide customized power transformer manufacturing services.

      Delete
    3. Please check my latest blog entry which talks about the Hashimoto HM7 MC transformer - https://jelabs.blogspot.com/2022/04/mc-step-up-transformer-redux-hashimoto.html + John Piro's trip to Tokyo -https://jelabs.blogspot.com/2020/03/our-man-in-japan-jp.html

      Delete