Sunday, February 2, 2020

John Piro, Craftsman Extraordinaire!

When John emailed me a picture of his WE753C clone cabinets, I had to have a pair!

JP in the man cave with my freshly minted Altec 753C boxes

JP's System (in constant flux)
Thorens TD124, Marantz 7T, Garrard 301
DIY Stuff
Marantz 8B, REL Precendent
DIY amps
Wharfedale SFB3

Garrard 301 + Karmadon Viscous Damped Tonearm

WIP - Gray Research HF-500 Turntable
Hey JP, are you prepping this for a Schröder BA tonearm? 😎

JP repurposed a WE chassis for his preamp

JP's preamp is based on JE Labs Circuit

JP's Simple 45 amp using James 6113HS OPTs

JP's Stereo SE300B with James 6123HS OPTs visited the man cave,
it's based on the JE Labs circuit


JP's Vintage RCA Collection

RCA Theatre Amps

RCA Theatre Amps

RCA Compression Drivers

RCA Horns

Altec 614 cabinet
by JP

Open Baffle by JP

Open Baffle by JP


JP's handcrafted multi-cell horn made from wood, 
based on the Western Electric WE26A 


REL Precedent 646B with a DIY front faceplate by JP

JP's take on the Dr. Bae/Silbatone 755A cabinet


Unlike my friends in Manila who have reported good things using the Altec 755C in this box, JP prefers the Lafayette SK98/Pioneer PIM8L


If you want to contact John for a commission, please leave a comment with your email address. Your comment will not be published, instead, I will reply with his contact info.

Coming Soon
JP757A











4 comments:

  1. John is a wonderful guy as well as a meticulous craftsman. He built me his JP757A cabinets for my WE728B speakers. I am using the 32 horn and altec drivers for now, but he will be building some KS-12027 horns. They sound amazing so far and I can't wait to hear them when the horns are done. Looking forward to your update on the JP757A!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is John Piro still accepting commissions? If he is, I’d like to contact him about commissioning a pair of 753 cabinets. TIA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please send me another message with your email info. It won't be published and I'll reply to you directly.

      Thanks!

      Delete