Saturday, September 26, 2026

Kutztown Spring and Fall 2026

 

Hanging out with John and Mark in the man cave the day before the Spring and Fall Kutztown Radio Show is becoming an annual tradition.🍻

Mark of Blueglow Electronics entrusted this pair of priceless sonic beauties for me to enjoy during the entire summer! I'll blog about them soon.

Spring 2026 

70s audio

I spent a lot of time catching up with friends last May and wasn't able to take as many pictures. 

Still plenty of tubes for the DIY enthusiast

Flea power triodes!

A mighty WOOF!

Colorful radios...

...and shirts

Back issues of Stereophile, anyone?

This Western Electric 171C output transformer was the highlight of the show in May!
I'm glad it went to a good home.πŸ‘

Leitz 35mm Summilux-M lens

My hifi buddy Charles loaned me the iconic lens above. I hope I was able to do justice to this very fine optic. Thanks, Charles!

I bought a rusty Dynakit SCA35!

I vowed not to hack Dynakits anymore, but this set of irons will serve a higher purpose.πŸ˜‰

Fall 2026


Morning queue of attendees at the Fall 2026 show

Coolpix L120

I picked up this CCD-equipped Coolpix point 'n shoot at a flea market a couple of weeks ago and used it to document the September show. All the pics in the slideshow below were taken by this obsolete digicam.

Notable classics in September

A pair of original Sequerra Metronome 7s with the classic
Peerless MT225 paper cone tweeter

Tar-filled Altec 808 multi-cell horns + 802B drivers

A rare Bakelite Altec 808 multi-cell horn!

Gen Z HiFi DIYers

 Pierce and Will - it was nice to meet and chat with these two young gents!

I realized Pierce and I have been following each other on Instagram for quite a while. Have fun with your Audio/DIY endeavors!

A pair of Altec 406Zs
+
Lycan3R 3D printed WP12027 horns

Jonas and Rich had to leave early, so Jonas offered me a deal I couldn't refuse on the Altecs + Lycan3R horns. 

Later that day, I handed back the Leitz 35mm Summilux-M to Charles. He returned from his car with another surprise - an Empire 208 turntable + 98 tonearm!😯 Thanks again!πŸ™

Listen to my loot!

I mounted the 406Zs in my Altec Coronado boxes and supplemented the top end with the (JB-welded) Lycan3R 3D printed horns + Altec 806 drivers. After some fettling and lubrication, I fitted an Empire 888 cartridge to the 98 + 208  = 🎼🎢😊





 


No comments:

Post a Comment