Monday, January 22, 2024

Minimalist Twin-Armed Thorens TD124

Ever since I left this twin-tonearm compatible TD124 plinth in the attic, I've been trying to find the simplest way to use two tonearms on this turntable.


My search was further compounded as I developed a predilection towards the aesthetics of an Ortofon-style plinth and its sonic implication. To my ears, a properly serviced TD124 or Mark II with the heavy iron platter sounds more dynamic on a lighter plinth.


I've even gone as far as dispensing with the plinth and mounting the rubber mushrooms on individual PVC tubes from the plumbing section of Home Depot.

One day, as I was thumbing through the Vintage Analog 2 special issue of Stereo Sound...πŸ€”πŸ’‘

Can't be more minimalist, plinth-wise and maximalist, tonearm-wise than this 😊


π„žπŸŽΆπŸŽ»Enjoy!🎹🎷🎺











No comments:

Post a Comment