Saturday, March 19, 2022

Analog LP Playback + Film Photography

Combining my passion for two obsolete technologies

Thorens TD124 MKII with heavy platter + Alfred Bokrand AS309 tonearm
Canon P + Canon 50mm f1.8 LTM 
Ultrafine eXtreme 100 in Kodak HC110 

Late last year, I acquired the classic AS309 tonearm for my Thorens TD124 MKII from Alfred Bokrand. I really can't hear a difference between the AB309 and AS309, even if I'm forced to split hairs. I'm just happy to own both!

Garrard 301 + Ortofon RMG309 + SME 3012 in JE Labs plinth
Tower 3 (Leica copy) + Leitz Summitar 5cm f2
Ilford FP4+ in Kodak HC110


This was my main turntable for over twenty years. Now the duty is shared with the Thorens TD124 MKII above, and the Garrard 401 below.

A couple of blog readers and Instagram contacts have reached out regarding long delivery times from Alfred Bokrand. All of my transactions with him were done through eBay and on the average, delivery was within two months. I highly recommend that buyers order via eBay since it has a buyer protection guarantee.



No comments:

Post a Comment